The health and safety of workers at Port Waratah Coal Services is a core commitment.
The Port Waratah value of caring, especially around safety and family, drives an overriding commitment to the health and safety of our people.
As both an industrial site and an international port, Port Waratah operations fall under Federal Security Legislation. We partner with our suppliers and contractors, providing site-specific inductions and regular safety interactions to ensure everyone on site is free from injury and harm.
To underscore and strengthen this commitment, accredited contractors working for Port Waratah Coal Services must now be registered in an online Induction and Competency Management System.
Am I accredited?
Accredited contractors and subcontractors are listed here.
If your company is listed, you have been sent links and login details to register your workers, select their roles and complete their inductions. Please follow the process here.
If your company is not listed and you believe your workers need to be registered to work on site, please complete this form which will be reviewed by Port Waratah Coal Services.
How does the system work?
Accredited contracting companies will be invited to create a user account, and then login and register their employees who will work for Port Waratah. To do this, they’ll select the role their employee performs, upload their qualifications, and book their online inductions which are completed before a worker attends site. This information and data is verified, and workers are given an ID access card to work for Port Waratah Coal Services.
The system allows Port Waratah Coal Services and its contractors to manage a shared duty of care and save significant time with online inductions.
Pegasus connects a competent workforce. They manage the Induction and Competency Management System on behalf of Port Waratah Coal Services.
The complete Pegasus workforce management solution:
- provides immediate access to data on the workforce
- manages all training and inductions
- administers compliance and pre-qualification documents
- manages the qualifications and competency, including licences and medicals, of all workers on a project
- awards accreditation upon successful completion of inductions and assessments
- provides tools for audit, investigation and inspection of businesses and workers
- offers online and call centre support
- manages contractor performance over term of their contract